You can very easily learn how to paraglide ...
It takes 5 days only, and you can become a paragliding pilot. The course starts with theoretical learning followed by ground handling and then you take your first flights. Many fall in love with the sport after taking a tandem flight with an instructor, and paragliding lessons will be the next step. Once you have learned how to paraglide, you may want to consider investing in paragliding gear in order to continue in the sport. We can help you make the adequate choice after you complete your training. Below is everything you need to know regarding the paragliding lessons we offer and you can book your slot on-line. If you need any additional details, please contact us.
- We fly every day in the summer time so we can do the training program at your convenience. It is better to do the 5 days in a raw, but it is possible to do them over several weekends.
- The training program sometimes takes more than 5 days if the weather conditions on some days are too strong for beginners. You will use these days to practice ground handling, deepen your theoretical knowledge, learn how to adjust your harness, …etc.
- New training sessions start every Friday and you usually take your first solo flight on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.
- Paragliding does not require neither strength nor balance; it only requires finesse and it is a sport that everyone can enjoy.
- Bring sturdy footwear like Timberland’s, long pants e.g. jeans, and warm clothing with a sweater or a long-sleeve shirt.
- We will provide you all the paragliding gear during the program: Paraglider, harness with protective airbag, helmet, VHF radio, flying suit, and gloves.
- After your training program is complete, you will become a novice paragliding pilot and you’ll be able to fly on your own without a radio.
- After completing the program, you should consider purchasing your own gear in order to continue in the sport. Used gear is available but there is nothing better than new gear. We will help you choose the adequate gear within your budget.
- Price for a training program is $1500 and includes an initiation training program and a progression training program.
- The initiation training program consists of theoretical courses, ground handling, and 5 solo radio guided flights. At the end of the initiation program, you become an independent paragliding pilot who is able to take off, fly and land without radio guidance.
- The progression training program is done after you complete the initiation training program and after you purchase your own gear. It consists of at least 25 supervised flights. You will not need a radio most of the times, but you will fly with us to grow your experience, learn how to judge the weather conditions, learn different take off techniques (back, front, strong wind, …etc), learn some fast descent techniques (big ears, 360s, B-stall), and discover new flying sites. Additional supervised flights are free of charge.
You can reserve your slot using our on-line booking tool below; prepayment is not required. Please make sure to be in the Cedars (Arz, North Lebanon) by 2 p.m. on the Friday you choose, and remember it is always more fun and more enjoyable to do it with a friend or 2, so get your friends involved, and don't waste the summer without learning how to fly.